Alot of people think that eating healthy and having a health lifestyle just means to maintain a diet which prevents obesity. While this is an important aspect of eating healthy there are many other factors in getting your body to work in the best possible shape.
For your body to stay in it's best condition it needs plenty of nutrients. Eating helthy means having a varied diet but enjoying food in the right portions. The first step you should take for a healthy lifestyle is balancing your food needs. It is a simple equation, the energy you take in must be equal to the energy you use. Eating more leads to excessive weight.
What is a healthy diet?
- Fruits. Eat a variety of fruits every day but stay away from fruit juices, they contain a very high amount of sugar.
- Vegetables. A diet which containts lots of vegetables can lower the risk of heart disease, cancer and stroke.
- Whole Grains. Read the label on food and make sure you eat whole grain cereal, pasta and bread. Whole grain food is an excellent source of fiber.
- Low-fat milk products. Eat low-fat cheese and drink low-fat milk. Dairy products helps bulding strong bones and will lower your risk of diabetes.
There are some unhealthy foods that you should try to avoid or eat in very small amounts. Foods containing large amounts of sugar, alcohol and satured fat are all foods that contribute to diseases and poor health.
How do you stay motivated to continue your new healthy diet?
- Believe that you can do it and accept the responsibility for your own health.
- Celebrate you success and reward yourself each time you successfully complete a target.
- Always keep in mind what you are trying to achive.
- Remember that every small step in the right direction brings you close to your goal.